It sounds like most of the people I know are really charged up and ready to tackle 2012 with the same passion and enthusiasm of a nation in revolt. Before you do anything too radical, might a suggest a more subtle approach to 2012
- Look at the things you didn’t do it 2012 and ask yourself why you didn’t do them, if they are still important and those that are, how you can do them this time round?
- Learn from the mistakes you made in 2011.
- The global economy is a mess, so don’t get too excited about growing anything, keep your overheads low and grow as organically as your market allows.
- I bet if you took the time to look, 80% of your business comes from 20% of your clients, so trim the fat and work smarter, not harder.
- Today might be the first day back at work, but it’s the perfect time to book a holiday. If you have something rewarding to look forward to, you have something to work towards.
- Ease into gym, diet, quitting smoking etc, the biggest reason people give up is because they can’t handle going too hard too fast.
- Don’t get consumed by social media, get a social life away from your multiple devices.
- Turn your phone off.
- Simplify your life, throw stuff out, consume less, go to the beach more.