Today, 1 July, marks the middle of 2020. A year we can probably all agree has been somewhat challenging globally thus far. Ever the optimist, I am putting a positive foot forward and making my intentions known for the second half of the year.
- Live lightly. Be grateful for what you have got and stop consuming any more than you have to.
- Take care of yourself. Remaining healthy is even higher on my priority list than it’s ever been. Physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
- Eat smart. Cook at home. Cut out the junk. Hydrate. Fast. Reduce waste.
- Exercise consistently. Keeping up a balanced workout routine and regularly exercising is super important during this period where we spend a lot of time at home. It’s good for your body and your mind, so do it often.
- Be a good friend. I’m closer to friends than I am family. And while I care to build on both relationships, our friendships have to be a priority. I want to be a better friend. I hope you will be too.
- Be the best dad. I love my son. I’m enjoying spending time with him. I want to be more involved in his life. I want to challenge myself to always be a better dad.
- Find a great opportunity. I know what I am good at. I work hard. I’m talented, passionate, and experienced. I will work with people who see the value I bring and do the best work of my life.
- Respect others. I am committed to equality for all. I will not tolerate discrimination. I love everyone equally.
- Be kind. Be soft. Be gentle. Be giving. Be grateful. Be good.
- Forgive. Let go of shit. Be understanding. Forgive yourself. We all make mistakes. Give people a chance.
- Help out. Lend a hand. Refer someone. Write a recommendation. Volunteer your time. Be generous with what you can.
- Work on shortcomings. Always work on the areas in my life where I can improve things. Progress, not perfection.
- Love. Yourself. Your person. Your people. Your things. Be passionate. Be romantic.
- Laugh. Release the tension. Share the joy. Find fun. Be playful.
Wishing you and yours a better second half to 2020.