I got my GoPro game on real late compared to other people, but given how late I got one, I would have expected a little more attention to detail. I am less than impressed, and while I will keep using it, it’s not like I can send it back, GoPro could learn a thing or two from dji who packed everything perfectly when I bought my Mavic Pro.
Let’s start with the positives
- Easily available
- Wide view out the box
- Lots of cool accessories
- Reasonably priced compared to professional cameras
- Small size makes it easily portable
Now the negative shiz, GoPro I’m so mad you are making me do this, but let’s get into this
- No MicroSD card in the camera
- Batteries are neither cheap or easily available locally
- You have to take off the case to be able to charge it and replace batteries
- Batteries don’t last long, so got to constantly charge
- Changing settings is not that easy, I seriously struggle with the touchscreen
- All the extras cost
- Prices are not updated across the various outlets who stock them
- The packaging bothers me, too much for whats inside, misleading.
I own a GoPro Hero 5, have a suction cup, 3 in 1 extendable/tripod/grip thing, a few tripod and other adapters so I can have my camera in a few places. Hopefully, I’ll find some cool ways to use it. Honestly having way more fun with my Mavic Pro and still use my iPhone X for most of my photography. Would be nice if GoPro put kits together with everything you need, so you can shoot straight out of the box, improve the access to batteries and the touchscreen needs some work. GoPro are super successful, it’s likely no one will ever read this post, but I’m just putting it out there, so at the very least, you know what you’re getting into.